Created with crucial support from the Getty Villa, San Francisco Playhouse and the Harvey Milk Center, in development to tour in 2017/18.
An intimate theatre duet created site-specifically backstage at the San Francisco Playhouse, this dynamic re-imagining of Antigone with a contemporary twist is situated in a huge blanket fort, born out of Antigone’s imagination whilst she is buried in the cave.
The piece creates unspoken parts of the iconic story and examines the unique qualities of the sibling bond. An up-close and human exploration of the heroine and the brother she buries, this original devised work pulls from current events, the Wild West, ancient Greece and our own childhood living rooms for a fresh and personal look at the legacy of Oedipus, offering insight into how the themes in this story are alive in our culture both privately and publicly today.
• Becca Wolff • Co-Creator, Director
• Annie Saunders • Co-Creator, Performer
• Max Hersey • Performer
• John Zalewski • Sound Designer (Ovation Award Winner The Day Shall Declare It)
• Melissa Trn • Costume Designer
• Chu-Hsuan Chang • Lighting Designer (The Institute of Memory)
• Nina Caussa • Scenic Designer (The Day Shall Declare It)
• Ash Nichols • Production Manager (Hopscotch)
• Christian Cagigal • Illusion Consultant (S.F., Theatre Bay Area Award Winner)
• James Ard • Live Recording/Playback Designer (S.F.)
• Juliet Deem • Creative Producing Assistant
Donec sed odio dui. Nulla vitae elit librero, a pharetra augue. Nullam id...